welcome to their world apps

Monday, March 25, 2013

Auditory Processing Studio

Auditory Processing Studio by Virtual Speech Center Inc. is a wonderful app for ages 7+ to work on auditory processing. Now this app is a very unique app for me to review as I am working with it not only with my children but myself as well. Many of you may know that I myself have ADHD and this is just one of the many things it effects with myself. I really like the set up of this app and the ease of use. The settings are done well with choices of what to keep on and what to keep off. You can lower or raise the amount of background noise based on level. You can even turn off the background noise if you would like. There is over 2450 stimuli in this app. The activities included are: Auditory Discrimination, Auditory Closure, Phonological Awareness, and Figure-Ground. Each of these activities have a many different levels included and can be played around with to fit the user. It's always best to start at one of the easier levels and then work up so not to frustrate the user especially when working with a child. I know from myself that if I just keep getting the answers wrong over and over again I may give up and that is what we don't want to happen. On the settings screen I find it best to make sure to turn off instructions so not to give the answer to the user. The instructions will contain the words that are being said and turning them off means the user can not see them so you know it is only based off what they are hearing. On the activities select screen you can choose what activities along with levels you want the user to use. The screen is kid friendly but not so much that it doesn't appeal to older users as well. They have a recording option as well like the rest of the Virtual Speech Center Inc. apps. The only option that I would like to see added in the future is different background noises. Right now they only have static as a background and it can really get annoying lol. It makes a wonderful distraction but can drive you crazy listening to it over and over again lol :). I would highly highly highly recommend this app :)

http://www.facebook.com/virtualspeechcenter?ref=ts&fref=ts
http://www.virtualspeechcenter.com/
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/auditory-processing-studio/id601557677
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=WF2lgOgfrOo





No comments:

Post a Comment